Posted by Andru Edwards Categories:
Yesterday, we kicked off our week-long contest, where we are giving away an HP HDX Dragon computer package, worth over $5,000 if you were to purchase each piece on your own. First, the details on what exactly we are giving away:
- HP HDX Dragon Notebook: This system ships with the 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate, and features a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme X9000 processor., 4GB RAM, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS, 500GB hard drive, and boasts a 20.1-inch 1080p display. It’s meant to be for play as much as work, and to that end, it also packs a Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD double layer burner, integrated TV tuner, webcam and microphone. If you went and bought this yourself, it would cost $4,500 USD. But we’re not done yet…
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007: That means Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, and Accounting Express, all in one package. Retail value on that is $225.
- Corel PaintShop Pro X2: Retail value of $73.99
- Corel Painter Essentials Retail value of $79.99
- Corel Ulead Video Studio Plus 11.5 Retail value of $79.95
- Gears of War: retail value of $49.99
- Viva Pinata: Retail value of $37.99
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Retail value of $44.99
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Expansion Pack: Retail value of $34.99
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Blu-ray: Retail value of $22.95
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest - Blu-ray: Retail value of $22.95
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End - Blu-ray: Retail value of $22.95
Okay, interested? We thought so. If you want to see everything in more detail, check out our HDX Giveaway contest videos. These will give you more insight as to how the contest is going to work, a look at all of the prizes that are being given away, and a detailed unboxing of the Dragon notebook.
We will be using Gear Live Points to determine a winner. However, we have custom Point values set for this contest. Points earned for this contest are as follows:
We’ve been working on a way to recognize you readers who participate here on our network of sites at Gear Live, and we are happy to announce the launch of Gear Live Points. In a nutshell, Points are awarded to users whenever they take any sort of interactive action on Gear Live. We think it’s a fun way to spice up your daily visits to the site.
You earn points for all the following actions:
- Becoming a member: 100 points
- Upload a member photo: 50 points
- Choose or upload an avatar: 25 points
- Posting a blog comment: 1 point
- Posting a gallery comment: 1 point
- Assign a forum signature: 10 points
- Posting a forum topic: 2 points
- Posting a forum reply: 1 point
- Receiving a forum reply: 1 point
- Vote in a poll: 3 points
You must be logged in to earn points, and you can see the total amount of points you’ve earned right at the top of all pages. We are coming up with some cool things you will be able to do with your points, so stay tuned for that.
To kick off the launch of Gear Live Points, we are running a contest - our HP HDX Dragon giveaway. Good luck to all participants!
NOTE: Those found abusing Gear Live Points (like posting excessive comments/forum posts that don’t say anything or contribute to the conversation) will suffer a loss of points. This policy is at Gear Live’s sole discretion.
Today we have started a contest giving away an HP HDX Dragon computer package, which would be worth over $5,200 if you were to purchase it on your own, and we want to make sure you know about it. This is all part of the 31 Days of the Dragon promotion that we are a part of. We have a couple of videos that you should check out - one shows off the HDX Dragon computer, and the other gives some insight into the contest itself. We’ve been getting a lot of questions about how exactly people enter and rack up points to win, and that post will be coming later today. In the meantime, jump down to check out the videos for the scoop.
HP HDX Giveaway contest announcement:
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.